Multiplayer computer games are becoming more popular each day, which makes the issue of players’ privacy even more pressing. Unfortunately, companies are not always able to ensure the safety of gamers ́ names, account keys, addresses, email addresses and bank accounts, which inevitably leads to reputational risks and financial losses.
- Advising studios and developers on the lawful collection and processing of personal data pursuant to Russia’s Federal Law No. 152-FZ and in compliance with the GDPR (European Data Protection Regulation)
- Analysing the content of video games to ensure compliance with age control and child protection requirements
- Assessing of marketing and advertising campaigns and other materials to ensure compliance with advertising laws
- Review of internal documentation to ensure compliance with the law
- Processing of Roskomnadzor information requests, and helping prepare for any inspection initiated by the regulator
Examples of our experience:
- We advised international company on the cross-border transmission of data received from GPS devices.
We advised client who intended to transfer personal data into the European Union, our team analysed Russia’s current regulation surrounding the transfer, storage and usage of data collected via telematics devices with GPS trackers