DUE DILIGENCE AND
REGISRATION OF RIGHTS
If your plan is to publish a game, find an investor or enter the international market, you will want to present your project in the best possible light - which means, among other things, that you can prove your own the product. The commercialisation of the game may prove difficult if the registration of your rights is overlooked from the outset.
- Detailed check and systematisation of your data and other information assets, including source code, graphics, design, logo and script, as well as advertising materials for games and studios. We can also conduct a due diligence of your contracts and offer recommendations for their improvement and assist with the registration of transfer of rights in the product from developers to your company in Russia or abroad
- Registration, both in Russia and beyond, of the rights in the game and various intellectual property objects used as part of it, including patents, trademarks, computer programmes and databases
- Documenting your relationship with counterparties and marketplaces by putting in place assignments, licences, non-disclosure agreements and other useful tools
- Expert legal advice to aid your international expansion and help transfer the ownership of the product to your company, including by way of capital contribution
EXAMPLES OF OUR EXPERIENCE:
- We advised Connective Games in relation to the due diligence of their rights in a number of online games, including Altair Online Poker, Altair Online Casino, Altair Online Backgammon and Altair Online Rummy. Our team conducted in-depth checks for each of the intellectual property rights at play - and prepared practical recommendations to help reduce any potential legal risk exposure.
- We conducted a comprehensive legal due diligence of a target company with assets in Russia, Ukraine and USA that our client was planning to acquire. Our team analysed corporate records, intellectual property rights portfolio, including incoming licences, user agreements, EULA agreements, non-disclosure agreements and agreements for services, as well as the terms of employment relating to the vesting of intellectual property rights. Our due diligence report described potential legal risks and suggested recommendations relating to the structuring of the transaction.